Tuesday, June 23, 2009

German Wall


I have been getting a lot of great feedback about the routes on the German Wall (new small face in Manuels).  This past weekend we had a few people who had climbed outside only a few times.  One fella had never climbed before at all, indoors or out.  He climbed German Engineered twice and went up a new project once.  Impressive for his first time.  

Marcie had been climbing for about a year now.  I know that she has been down to Flat Rock a number of times. She loved climbing Tauch Auch.  She hasn't done any lead climbing course so here she was doing a mock lead.  She is on top rope with the light colored rope and is mocking the lead with the green one.

The new project is likely going to be somewhere between a 5.6 and a 5.8.  I put in the top bolts on Saturday.  I received a text from Jan the night before saying he couldn't make it because he was "sick like dog".  I could almost picture him saying it with his thick German accent.  So when I get that route bolted, it will be Sick Like Dog.

My main goal is to put up nice long moderates and it looks like the German Wall is panning out really well.  There is room for a few more routes.  The upper faces are going to be amazing.

2 comments:

Trevor Harris said...

Noel, I just realized something. How the hell am I not filming all this development? This is a great feat you've undertaken and a great contribution to the climbing community. Well worth featuring in my upcoming film. Interested?

Unknown said...

Hey Noel,

His name is Hakase. He called Monday night and asked about Tuesday Morning climbing. I bet he was really enjoyed.

plus "Erlanga" is correct spelling.

Tak