Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fading Season

The days are getting shorter and a fair bit colder. I think there may only a couple of outdoor days for me left this year. I guess it is time to change gears...start training for next year!!!!

What happens to me each year is a paradox. In train all winter and try to get strong. The outdoor season begins and I start developing routes and working on trad, cklimbing well below my redpoint level. As the summer goes on I get weaker. Now in late September I feel like I can't climb 5.6.

I haven't climbed at all in two weeks so now is a good as any time to start training again.

Bob and I follow a program which I have outlined before, it works! I went up 3 letter grades in one year, 5 grades in two years. This year I am thinking about posting the schedule as we are doing it. If you are interested please leave a comment.

Noel

No comments: