Friday, May 18, 2018

Hollow Rock


I was out at Blood Bath last night putting in some top bolts. I really wanted to get something over Grunt (5.11a) as I want to work that route. It is tricky to place bolts at the top as the cracks from the climb continue on top. The bolts should be 6 inches from any edge or obvious cracks. It took a fair bit of trial and error to find placements. I placed one hole and then realized the second spot was over an in-cut...not great. This reminded me to check the stone where I placed the bolt hole. It sounded like a bongo drum! Grrrr.... Shitty reminder to check the rock BEFORE I drill. I filled the hole and left it alone. I will have to climb Grunt to decide which side of the cracks to put the bolts.

Of note, there are new bolts above Little Jack's Corner (5.7) and Sue Be Doo (5.8).

No comments: