Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cool Little Face

I have been curious about a small face for a number of years now. I have hiked by it a number of times, in fact you can drive to the base of it. This spring I solo top roped it and I am quite happy with it. It is slightly over hanging (like Bloodbath) and about 25 feet high. It will probably yield 4 to 5 sport routes and one trad.

I placed a set of top bolts and top solo'd one route. It pretty fun and cruxie at the top. I bolted it about two weeks ago and have not been able to get on it because of the weather (see previous post). It has three bolts plus top anchors and will go at an easy 5.10.

There is another line just beside it that I have played on but haven't completed. Definite crux move half way up (ohh 10 feet!) with a cool undercling.

There is an off-vertical crack that moves up easier terrain. I haven't been on it (yet) but it will likely go at 5.8 or less.

There are a couple of smaller slab faces in the area that may also give up a couple of climbs. More details to come when I have it a little better developed.

No comments: