Wednesday, September 05, 2018

It got hard really quick!

I am talking about RedHead A7+ epoxy for gluing in bolts!!!!

Jan and I were out bolting today. We put up two new lines but didn't have time to send them (yet).  I was drilling and Jan was cementing the bolts. There was a small chip that was keeping the bolt from sitting vertical. Jan took a bit of extra time to get the bolt to sit correctly. When he went to place the cement, it had hardened inside the nozzle. It was maybe 10 min since the last bolt. It setup really quick.

It was warm on the face and that certainly can speed up the hardening of epoxy. A7+ is known for a fast cure time (35 min), maybe too fast. I used to use Hilti Hit ICE which had a 12 hour cure time. I never had a nozzle clog.

If you have used other 'glue', let me know what. I am curious about other brands now.

No comments: