Thursday, January 28, 2010

Climbing with Paul

I went to the gym last night to climb. I figured I would catch-up with someone. I called Bob just before I left, he was too busy dealing with an H1N1 variant to climb and Kim wasn't home.

When I arrived at the gym, I found Paul was solo and was looking for a catch. I have known Paul for years but have never tied in with him. We travel in different circles and have different climbing goals. I would never expect to see Paul at 5am ready to go to Manuels and I never make it to Flat Rock during normal waking hours.

We worked our respective projects and had a good bit of fun. Each time one of us went up we would take a whipper. Paul's were only slightly more dramatic than mine because he was falling where he was skipping a clip. It was all good.

Paul was a great guy to tie in with for a number of reasons. The obvious was the beta he gave me and the solid catches. Excellent attitude with an absence of climbing spray. We talked about training and developing in our beloved Newfoundland. I think he may have more plans for routes around here than I do.

Thanks for the catch.

No comments: