Sunday, July 01, 2018

Marine Slabs Update July 1

Jan and I have been working on the Marine Slabs. One thing I can say is that it is deceiving.

I currently have 3 sets of top bolts placed over a potential 5 lines. I thought there was one section was was really easy, about 5.5ish. We were toproping the face looking to put together a couple of lines and it climbed much harder than I anticipated. We are now looking at bolt placements for 2 lines on that face.

Just over the aret of this corner is the main slab I initially noticed. We have cleaned and TR's the left side of this face. Along the aret, there are some nice bigger features. If they we consistent, it would be stupid easy. They are spaced with slab moves between. This one will be fun.

Up the middle is very thin. There are a couple of eroded seams than allow you to smear but only one or two places that would be secure for clipping.

Further right on the face are a couple of seams or crack lines than will swallow pro. That's one nice thing about putting put trad lines, little bolting.

No comments: